Do you have a passion for uncovering interesting stories in Connecticut? We are looking for passionate individuals from all backgrounds and with a variety of skill sets to join our team for full-time careers, part-time jobs, or as contractors. Feel free to browse our open positions below.
Don’t see a perfect fit? Send an email to email@example.com. In your email include your resume, LinkedIn URL, and a pitch detailing why you would be a valuable addition to our team. (Hint: Identify problems and share your solutions). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Inside Investigator and the Yankee Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you a current or aspiring investigative reporter with a knack for compelling writing?
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to write quickly and clearly for a Connecticut-based audience, a basic understanding of public policy, and the ability to clearly articulate their thoughts. Entry-level and candidates more advanced in their careers are welcome to apply.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a flexible, collaborative environment taking edits and assignments, but also interested in pitching long-form investigative ideas of their own. Professional journalism experience isn’t required, but a willingness to learn is.
The reporter must be able to build relationships in Connecticut and report complex stories accessibly and accurately.
We offer a retirement plan with employer matching and health insurance, among other benefits.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Writing daily news items for www.insideinvestigator.org
- Pitching and reporting out longer-form investigative stories in your area(s) of interest
- Assisting with miscellaneous social media, web, and other duties as assigned
- At least three published works
- Grasp of journalistic practices, styles, and ethics
- Sharp organizational skills
- Ability to think about and unpack news stories
- Live in or willing to relocate to Connecticut
Please send published works, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org